Sunday, March 30, 2003

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a parody of paleoconservatism or if it's the real deal. A self-professed paleo on the net posted the article dead-seriously, but as I read it, I'm more and more convinced it's a gag. But either way, it's hysterical. It's the same speech that crazy guy on the street downtown has been saying for years--and here you thought he was just a panhandler.

It's really more reminiscent of the always entertaining old-line John Birch Society craziness--I dunno, are the Birchers "paleo?" I need a scorecard for all these fringe groups.

Anyway, I have yet to find a more amusing microcosm of the entire movement than this one article. The only thing missing is the line where he says "And come on, we all know the Holocaust never actually happened. Six million people--please. At most, it was like four million people."

No comments: