Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Okay, I've tried really hard, but I just can't seem to get myself excited about the California governor recall. Yes, Gray Davis is an idiot, and yes, the people of California (if they have any remaining self-respect) should throw him right out on his deficit.

But while the blogosphere has been obsessed with the recall, and while I support the California citizenry in their exercise of their rights under their state constitution, when all the chips are down, I just don't care. Never have respectable guys like Hugh Hewitt worked harder and more obsessively for a pro-abortion, pro-sodomy, pro-welfare candidate.

One thing in this race has interested me, though: Maria Shriver. Time is an enemy to all of us. But is it my imagination, or has Maria just recently taken that first tiny, tentative step on the road from "hot babe" to "brittle, scary-looking Kennedy battle-ax"?

Hey, I'm just askin'.


(AP photo)

No comments: