Monday, September 27, 2004

We'll Sleep When We're Dead

To quote Bobby Lewis, "I Didn't Sleep at All Last Night."

With the adrenaline of the approaching hurricane, the preparations, the late-night vigil as it made landfall, etc., my internal clock is a complete mess. I could hardly keep my eyes open half the day yesterday, but when it came time to go to bed, I found myself staring at the ceiling all night.

I mean, I literally didn't get a minute of sleep. Nothing. Nada. I finally gave up and came into work early.

And right about now, I feel like Edward Norton in "Fight Club." It could get interesting later in the day as I become less and less coherent. I'm hoping it will be like the old days when the Jerry Lewis Telethon was still in Vegas and the clock would hit 4am--things could get pretty volatile. Who knows? I might get into a fist fight with Chad Everett.

No comments: