Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Larry King-Like Non-Sequiturs

Discoshaman is doing some riveting blogging from the front lines of the Ukrainian election crisis.

The New York Daily News says Dan Rather ended up just like the Richard Nixon he despised.

According to the New York Observer, Rather all but admits that the memo scandal pushed him out the door. And Keith Olbermann is evidently still peddling voting conspiracy theories on his MSNBC show (which raises that old philosophical question: If a tree falls in the forest and there is no one there to hear it....?)

They still make Strat-o-Matic baseball, and I just bought it for my 12-year-old baseball-nut son for Christmas. Don't tell him, though.

That video game where you shoot JFK is sick and disgusting. It's also annoyingly slow to download...

NRO has a laugh-out-loud parody of Dan Brown (of Da Vinci Code fame) today. A snippet:
That could only be my friend, Sir Leigh Teabing, the Royal Historian and Ambassador-Plenipotentiary to the Exchequer...

"Good evening, old fruit!," he exclaimed as he shimmered in, his monocle popping out. "I say, how the devil are you, old bean? Lawks-a-mercy, had a spot of bother getting up the apples and pears, don't you know! Good lord, is that settee kosher or wot? Must 'ave a knees-up round the old Joanna, eh!"
Thanksgiving has been ruined for me by Adam Sandler. I find myself walking around singing in my highest-pitch voice "Thanksgiiiiiiiving, is a special night; Jimmy Waaaaalker, used to say 'Dy-no-mite!'...."

No comments: