Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Speak On, O Lips That Can Do No More Harm

I've been buried under a project for the last week, so I haven't been able to stop in much. I did notice while I've been missing, however, that former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor gave a speech where she implied that conservative attempts to reform the judiciary will lead us to a dictatorship.

I'm sure whatever else she said was also, much as her jurisprudence, monumentally stupid. But I don't really know, because I pretty much zoned out at the words "former Supreme Court Justice," which filled me with an ineffable joy and sent me into ecstatic waves of euphoria. Just seeing those words appended to the beginning of a sentence makes her addled, moronic legal opinions now harmless and bearable, which is as it ought to be.

Related Tags: , ,

No comments: