Thursday, April 08, 2010

Sorry, Charlie

Since I know you've been dying for me to acknowledge it (get it? Dying for me to acknowledge it? I kill me.), despite being caught up in Butler's NCAA title bid, it did cross my radar that John Forsythe passed on the other day, and thus passed off of my rapidly dwindling Fess Parker Memorial "I Can't Believe They're Still Alive" list.

The updated list:
  • Doris Day
  • Harry Morgan
  • James Arness
  • Conrad Bain
  • Jack LaLanne
  • John Forsythe
  • Rose Marie
  • Al Molinaro
  • Barbara Billingsley
  • Larry Storch
Because the list is getting so small, I feel it's time to add some new names, since there are still lots of people that you'd never guess are still alive. So, please also welcome:
  • Jane Russell
  • Art Linkletter
  • Don Pardo (still working at Saturday Night Live, no less!)
  • Sid Caesar
  • Jayne Meadows
  • Charlotte Rae
  • Kirk Douglas
  • Michael Douglas (Okay, I'm kidding about this one. But have you looked at him lately?)

No comments: